Pixie Dust Travel TM
Walt Disney World® has peak and off-peak times of the year:
- New Years Day
- Marathon Weekend (early January)
- Martin Luther King Holiday Weekend
- Presidents' week in February
- Mid-March through Late April (Spring Break)
- Memorial Day weekend
- Mid-June through Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Thanksgiving Day and weekend
- Christmas week through New Year's Day
- After Presidents' week in February through early March
- Late April through early June (except Memorial Day weekend)
- The first part of Thanksgiving week
- January (except New Year's Day) until just prior to Presidents' week in February
- The week following Labor Day until just prior to Thanksgiving week
- The week following Thanksgiving until the week prior to Christmas
As you can see, peak times are generally during the summer and holidays because they coincide with kid's
vacations. During these peak times, the parks are really crowded, but that's counterbalanced with longer
park hours and more attractions. During off-peak times, the lines will be shorter, but certain attractions may
The number one question that we are asked is "when is the best time to visit Disney?" The answer to that
question depends on each family. Here is a list of our favorite times to visit:
Best times of the year to visit Disney:
- Second week of January through mid-February - Once the winter break is over and kids are
back in school, crowds practically disappear. The weather is often cool but can get pretty cold too.
Since it is value season, pricing for accommodations are low. Keep in mind that it does get crowded
around the holiday weekends, so try to avoid them if possible. It is also possible that some rides will
be closed for refurbishment.
- First three weeks of May – Crowds are very moderate for travel this time of year. The weather is
beautiful and typically you can catch Epcot’s International Flower and Garden Festival during the
early part of May. The weather is warm and perfect for enjoying resort pools and the water parks.
- Late August and September – Crowds are very low. The only downside is that the weather is very
hot and it is hurricane season. Disney typically offers very good deals for travel this time of year.
- Mid-November through mid-December – Crowds are moderate and the weather is pleasant. The
parks and resorts are decorated for the holidays and you can enjoy special holiday events during
travel this time of the year.
Worst times of the year to visit Disney:
- Christmas week thru the New Year – Crowds this time of year are almost unbearable. Parks often
close early due to reaching maximum capacity. It is hands down the most crowded and most
expensive time to travel to Walt Disney World in the year.
- Mid-February through mid-April - Crowds for this time are large and accommodations are priced
very high due to Spring Break and other holidays. However, the weather is beautiful! Easter week
(the weekend of Easter and the following week) is the second busiest time of year to visit Walt Disney
World. Avoid visiting during this time.
- June through mid August – Crowds are very high and the weather is EXTREMELY hot! Pricing is
moderate. The weather alone makes it very difficult to tour the parks with a family and keep your
sanity. Unless you are planning on touring in the evenings only or living at one of the Disney Water
Parks, we don’t recommend it.
When do you want to go to Disney?
To Report Problems with our site contact the WEBMASTER Your Use of this Site means you agree to the Terms of Service
© 2004-2018 Pixie Dust Travel - All Rights Reserved Disney artwork, logos, attraction descriptions, and properties: ©Disney
Disney Cruise Line® - Ship Registry: The Bahamas CST# 1022229-50